pre cast concrete paving slab problems

. I've told you what the problem is - you just don't have the education to realise it.

Joe, you are probably correct in your diagnosis, this i have not doubted.

It is the fact that the slabs are faulty and not fit for purpose that is the problem

Your solution is wrong, misleading and amateurish. A porous sub base will make no difference whatsoever. Muppet.

Sponsored Links
He has dug a non-draining hole. He has filled it with a cement pruduct and set his slabs.

What do you think happens when slabs are laid on solid concrete bases Joe. Have a look at some heavier scenarios where slabs have to be laid on 100mm concrete plus solid bedding.

What do you think happens after rainfall to riven slabs Joe? Some water is left behind in small puddles.

Slabs are designed to withstand frost rain and any weather that is thrown at them. If they do not then they are faulty.

Go back to your diy whittling shed.

Water usually drains away easily through chalk, and water tables are usually quite deep in Sussex. As it's at the bottom of the hill the water table could be a bit higher here, and chalk deposits might be soaking into the slabs. My mother-in-law lives in Brighton and her kettle's always full of chalk.

the areas well drained as it is laid to falls into a darinage channel. Ive laid plenty onto chalk soil before and never had a problem with them, as it is its sitting on a mortar bed and a bed of mot, so i really am struggling to see what could be causing it other than a manufacturing fault. If you look at the history of what has happened, the same thing happened during teh summer with teh first batch when there was no frost.

As for joe ill leave him under his rock practising his singing, his first comments on how the slabs should be laid shows his level of knowledge :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I've explained to you what your problem is and no-one has disputed it. All I've got for my trouble is a load of abuse from you and deleted posts by the moderators (quite why they were deleted I have no idea whatsoever. Come on you faceless cowards - TELL ME WHY.. Won't bother in future.

Thermo, I don’t know if it will help you but we make paving, if our sand is in contact with soil it absorbs salts , when the weather is freezing they make the slabs crumble to bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back