Preparing Ground and Exterior Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was not sure how I should word the title but will try my best to explain what I need help with but feel free to ask for more info if I have not made it clear.

I have just demolished a porch at the back of the house but have left the foundations as I was not sure if they needed demolished or not.

I intend to put down some weed block fabric and then build a deck on top.

My first question is do I need to break up the concrete floor in the picture below? If not how do I stop water lying on it?

2h7nakx.jpg

My next question is do I need to knock down these brick walls to at least 1 brick below ground level and level with soil/stones or can I just fill in the gaps between the walls? Is so what walls require knocking down in the picture below? [the ground is sloping away from my house by a decent amount]

13ypke8.jpg

My next question is what can I do with this gap to make it look better without damaging my house's exterior wall?

2zg6mi9.jpg

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for bump but would really appreciate any advice you could give.

Thanks.

Could someone please help me with this as it is forecasted to be a nice day tomorrow and I really would like to make a start.

Thanks

For Q1, we had the same problem, small lake gathered on and under the pad, ended up taking up the concrete. A bit of a pain to separate from the house, but worth the effort. It'll also give your rough cast some clearance off the ground.

As for your walls, looks like a small ancient settlement, why wouldn't you level them, other than it'll be a morning's hard work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice mate will crack out the sledgehammer and grinder tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back