Pressure 0 on the boiler, we have hot water but rads not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a leak in the toilet which made the water pump triggered on a constant basis, the leak is now fixed and the pump is back to normal, but now the boiler pressure is 0 and none of the rads are heating up although the hot water is coming out nicely and hot. we bled the rads and let the air and all the water out but still not working. Should we have left some of the water in the rads or is there something else wrong.

Any help is very much appreciated as we are going crazy here

Sponsored Links
How do I do this, did I forget to mentioned I am a girl that know nada about all this :D :D

what boiler make/model is it ?

has it got a braided flexi hose connecting two pipes together under the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
i think this boiler had a intergrated fill valve.
look next to the gas pipe on the left hand side under the boiler

WOW THE PRESSURE IS NOW BACK TO 1.5
can i now try on the rads.

they may need bleeding as you let the pressure go so low.
but you can try the heating.

Ok tried the heating and no joy
Bled the rads and no joy only cold water came out and no air

whats happening when you turn heating on etc are you getting any of the lights coming on etc ?

The yellow led if flashing as it use to before, but the rads are still cold and I have them on the booster settings for the last 20 minutes or so. no noises neither from the rads neither from the boiler yet again plenty toasty water in the taps

All switches are on including the main one on the wall. and the timer is set on Boost.

Now when i turned the hot water tap on the yellow led stoped flashing and stayed on and the boiler made noises which is fine.

sounds like its not getting a call for heat
could be a fault on the wall stat etc

Right so I guess ill have to get someone professional to call outl than.

Thank you very much for your time :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back