*Pressure & Clicking Noise Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an IDEAL SPRINT RS.75 boiler and the pressure gauge is always on 0.5.

The cold tap runs fine, yet the hot tap is incredibly slow and has little pressure upstairs, yet downstairs it is fine.

When we run a bath it takes forever, and in the end the hot water draws to no more than a dribble.

Secondly, there are ticking noises in the pipes upstairs only every time the boiler sends a rush of water through.

It is incredibly annoying as every 5 mins you get a sudden 'tick..tick...tick' and it's quite loud. Can this be fixed? Ive tried shaking the pipes under the floor boards!

Thanks people...

Sponsored Links
Is the heating system fed from a tank in the loft (0.5 bar = 5 metres)?
Do you have hard water?

Dribble - same from all taps?

Ticking - got me beat , for now!

Boiler is in BATHROOM upstairs and is fed straight from mains water feed. No tank.

Only low pressure on bathroom taps in bathroom, where boiler is located.

Ie: Sinks, and Bath have low hot water speed. But like I said, the kitchen is fine and hign pressure. Gravity maybe?

thanks

Ohh.. And NO to hard water question...

Can pressure be topped up in this kind of tank? Ive searched the FAQ and can't find a FILLING LOOP anywhere on boiler... Even instructions don't mention it! Then again, the date does say 1987 on top corner so must be old boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back