Pressure too low for eletric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I recently had an old electric shower replaced with a new one and am having problems. The shower runs hot for a couple of minutes before you hear a click within the shower and then the water becomes cold. This happens after about 5 minutes and I have to turn the shower off and wait a few minutes before turning it on again to get hot water.

The light on the shower remains on continuously when this happens so I doubt its an electrical issue. The shower is connected to the mains water supply and I have checked that the stop valve is fully open.

I have also tested the shower without the hose attached (in case there is a kink in the hose causing the problem) but the same things happens.

The only other thing I can think of is that the pressure is not high enough for the shower but then again, I would expect the shower to run cold as soon as I turn it on?

Any ideas what could be the cause this to happen and what I can do to rectify it?

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
"Recently had.....replaced?" Get the plumber back. If the old one worked the new one should, also.

"Recently had.....replaced?" Get the plumber back. If the old one worked the new one should, also.

It could also be a faulty shower unit.

Get the plumber out, check verything over and if he is happy, then i advise to call out the manufacturers own engineers, if its still under warranty. Triton are normally pretty quick. However be warned, if they find no fault they will usually charge you a call out fee of £68. So its best to get the guy who installed it to have a look to confirm the fault is with unit and not his plumbing.

You got a low flow issue not pressure.
Check the inlet filter is clean, shutting stopcocks reopening them can shift crud in the mains pipe and block the filter.
The clicking noise is tco being activated.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help. Got a plumber to check everything and he said the shower units faulty as the flow and pressure is fine and the power going into the shower unit is fine so I took it back to Wickes for a refund. Planning to get a Mira Sprint as a replacement but I have to over come the small problem of the water inlet being on the opposite side to the old shower.

Planning to get a Mira Sprint as a replacement but I have to over come the small problem of the water inlet being on the opposite side to the old shower.

Then get a shower that matches your supplies ie mira sport multi fit.
there are a few multi fit showers about nowdays.

Welcome back to 'Push Fit Naz', where have you been?

It hasn't been the same since you left!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back