Pressure Treated Fence Warranty Dispute

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
how tall is that fence?
Approximately 6ft at the top near the house then as it moves away from the house towards the road and and is behind the garage it drops down to 5ft, you can see the drop in the photo.

If it was me I would be putting the tallest fence possible, with the other side painted pink with TNUC in block capitals.right next to his.

Sounds like you are just trying to worm your way out of paying for a new fence by thinking up reasons for not doing it, 6 inches maximum is not going to impede door opening room.

a decent fencing contractor would be able to get that right up to the boundary line, so youd lose very little of the garden. If hes a complete toss pot id be taking it up to 6'6" and blotting him out altogether.

Sounds like you are just trying to worm your way out of paying for a new fence by thinking up reasons for not doing it, 6 inches maximum is not going to impede door opening room.
That was the original issue. The neighbour wanted us to pay for a new fence which is his responsibility and in my view didn't need replacing (Wish I'd just given him the £600 now)

Space is already tight getting in and out now as the edge of the car door will testify. But you are also partially right. If I do have to pay for a new fence I would replace the existing one (which is what the neighbour wanted in the first place anyway) and not loose the extra inches. (putting up a secondary fence is "cutting off my nose to spite my face")

I would of course need some agreement in writing from him that I can treat my side as I see fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back