Pressure Treated Fence Warranty Dispute

Thanks for the suggestions

Does this fence run along the boundary as indicated on the title plan with the deeds, or is it inside his boundary? .
No it's definately on his land, there's no dispute there.

If its inside his boundary I would think about having nothing to do with his fence and putting up your own screening or fence on your side, which you find pleasing to your eye. .
This is difficult because:

1. I can't erect another fence, or plant anything on my side as I will loose parking width. I imagine that if I did do this he would then completely remove his fence and then effectively (but not legally) have more land and a nice new fence to look at. Which is what he wanted in the first place. (not that that worries me really, I'm not out to be awkward or play tit for tat) There's also the cost. It would have been cheaper to give in to his inital claim and pay for a new fence.

2. If I put up somthing thinner like a willow screen, I would have to fix it to his fence for support and then I'd be in trouble again.

Suppose I'll just have to grin & bear it. Apart from looking like something from Noddy land, everyone walking past will think I've done it. I've already caught the postie having a chuckle.:cry:

Sponsored Links
Plant some leylandii on your land up the boundary and keep your side trimmed back. If he asks you to cut his side tell him to f off :LOL:

Whats he painted it with? If it's interior paint/gloss then this will trap water and accelerate the inset of rot. Ironic?

Am I the only one gagging to see a picture?

Presumably he's built the fence right on the extremity of his boundary. Which means some of the concrete holding the post in the ground is likely to be on your land.

Why not ask him to chip out all the concrete that happens to be on your side of the boundary? Then he'll know just how ridiculous his claim is.

If I were in your position I'd put a fence up on my side of the boundary and leave only a hair's breadth between the two. I know you said you'd lose parking width but you must be able to spare four inches.

I'd put the posts in holes right next to the existing ones and butt the posts up to each other separated only by a lolly stick. With the stick removed, the two posts would not be touching. Your neighbour can then do whatever he wants with his fence, including making himself look a total bellend.

Sponsored Links
Am I the only one gagging to see a picture?
No, but probably the only one cheeky enough to ask!

See, I've become a laughing stock and a source of entertainment to everyone :cry:

I'll get the camera out at the weekend. Watch this space. ;)

As already said I would put a fence very close to his but paint his side pink with big blue spots to stop him removing his. It seems as he may be a bit mad.

Thanks for the pics - pretty awful looking.

Is that white gravel area yours, or does your land start at the edging of the tarmac?

Your neighbour has been reading the threads on gardenlaw too. :D

Thanks for the pics - pretty awful looking.

Is that white gravel area yours, or does your land start at the edging of the tarmac?
The white gravel is on our land, the fence is the boundary. I suspect you will suggest putting a second fence in the gravel, this is looking the most likely outcome, but it will impede car door opening space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back