Pressure washer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just got the Karcher out of the shed for the yearly patio clean and noticed that when the hose is connected there is water gushing out of the front grilles. I am assuming there is either a leak in the internal hose or a valve problem. When I pull the trigger it still works but I'd rather get it repaired.

Has anyone had any similar problems and what sort of place could repair it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i threw mine away.

yes its a sad fact of life, but i figured it would cost too much, although mine was totlay kaput

as for you, you can try diy, i just googled and up came a karcher spares place

You prolly left it with water in it and it cracked some plastic bit over the winter when it froze.....

I've got that T shirt!

Why not remove the shoddy plastic outer case and see for yourself where it's leaking from? You may just need a new pump gasket.

Sponsored Links
How do you get the outer casing off ? The Karcher seems to have an allen type screw with a head I've never seen before, like a star shape.

I was planning on taking it off and finding the leak myself, like someone said earlier I reckon the frost got it and it is a simple repair.

I spoke to Karcher and they only have 2 reccomended repairers in the whole of Yorkshire, Settle & Rotherham and seen as I live in Leeds it seems a bit of a joke.

HSS Hire shops used to repair them I'm told but they have stopped doing it according to the branch I called today.

These screws will probably be the torx type, you can get a set of torx bits from most DIY shops.
The set is usually 8 or 9 bits, T8 to T40, one of these will work.

Sometimes though the head is recessed into the casing, and a standard bit will not be long enough. In this case you would need to buy the right sized torx screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back