Price to fit a new boiler

bot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had my boiler serviced, gas fitter done a good job, all working well. He did say though, that the heat exchanger was a bit corroded and I would probably need a new boiler in the next year or two. I'm now a bit concerned as to how much this is likely to cost. I don't know the details about the boiler but it is a wall mounted one in the garage. It's a 3 bed house with 10 radiators of different sizes.
Any ballpark figures as to how much I will need to budget for to get it changed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wall mounted boiler, eh?

Is it one of the rectangular white ones? That will help narrow it down.

Get 3 or 4 quotes. If your still confused by prices then come back.

Nearly all companies should be happy to quote for free

Sponsored Links
Wall mounted boiler, eh?

Sorry oh great god of boiler knowledge, but unlucky smart arse it's a brown one ;)

Get 3 or 4 quotes. If your still confused by prices then come back.

Nearly all companies should be happy to quote for free

Thanks for your constructive reply m8, I will do that.

Wall mounted boiler, eh?

Sorry oh great god of boiler knowledge, but unlucky smart a**e it's a brown one ;)

sorry but John was trying to ask you what system/boiler you had so he could give you an idea as to what you should be looking at no need to be rude matey.

and as for looking for three quotes that rob advised you to do, did you REALLY need to ask????????.

Not having a pop at rob, but maybe havin a small one at you ;)

You can't beat a bit of lively debate, apologises if it sounded rude was only meant to be a joke. I will try and find the boiler manual as there are no details on the boiler, apart from the make is a barlo, but I guess that's not much more help than the colour :D

Old-woman.jpg

Another good example of an old boiler!

If its a heat only boiler and you have a hot water cylinder then the starting price will be from £1500 with a competitive installer.

Little point bothering people asking for quotes until you are ready to replace it.

Its just as well that we only give budgetary prices over the phone rather than giving hundreds of free written quotes, that could be a full time ( unpaid ) job.

Tony

Mrs corgi???????????? Bloody hell, the wife has a twin!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back