Price to fit a new boiler

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Get 3 or 4 quotes. If your still confused by prices then come back.
Bad advice. It's this kind of approach that will eventually bring the country to its knees.

Nearly all companies should be happy to quote for free
Nobody quotes for free, and only fools believe that they do.

Companies that don't charge directly for quotes incorporate the cost of doing them into their other charges.

bot - just find an installer/repairer that you can trust, engage them. That way you'll avoid wasting anyone else's time in doing four quotes, three of which you'll have no intention of taking up.

I don't bother going to give "quotes" unless I am getting the job, I give them a guide figure over the phone and ask them if they're getting other people to look at it. If they are, then I tell them to get the other quotes and if they are still interested they can get back to me. I have enough work, and I can do without distrustful time wasters.

the question is not what you pay but what you get for it. i get a lot of business clearing up the mess from the cheapest quote. at the end of the day a quote only gives you an amount of money that will disappear out of your wallet when the job is done. if you are planning this far ahead, it should not be too hard to find someone who had a boiler installed and is thrilled with the quality of the job.

Sponsored Links
I had a call last night from someone who has had a full heating system installed by a non registered person.

He has paid the full cost but the controls are wrongly wired and he can only have hot water with the heating and the boilers is not registered with the Building Control.

Now he has got to pay to have the wiring fault corrected and presumably to pay Building Control to have it accepted by them.

Getting a properly qualified installer is just the first problem, getting one who will do a good installation is the next!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back