Pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys How much should i be charging for a 12x12 size room just a skim ?? also same for ceiling 12x12.
Done a apprenticship when left school in plastering done bits since 14 years ago but just started doing bits again and when im telling people £100 for both the above they rip my arm off so im starting to get the feeling i should be charging more.

Sponsored Links
are you allowing enough for your,tax,ni,van,public liability insurance,wear/tear,your accountant,advertising,stationary etc? or are you on the dole!

Sponsored Links
going rate up here is £130 to £160 labour per day for a spread, plus materials. So pitching in at £300 all in for the room seems about right and reasonably competitive.

if you offered to skim a 12 sq room for £100 i would not use you as i'd be concerned about the quality of your work.
set you prices to reflect the time and experience you have
as Gas/Electrician we charge £235 per day and would expect any reputable tradesman to be charging at least £150 a day

Decide your own daily rate and work out the length of time for the job + materials on top. as long as you can plaster at a reasonable speed then you should be ok. n yes £300 would be very good competative price n not bad for 2 days :D

If working on your own, it’s either a rather long day or a more casual 1½ days; but if additional prep work is required the day before it warrants a couple hours extra so, realistically, up to a 2 day charge. Rates have dropped so I would charge you £300-£350 which is fair IMO but your work needs to be perfect.

Many may bite you hand of at £100 but, equally, just as many will be suspicious at the quality of your work at such a low rate. If your any good, you can easily put your day rate up & the higher rate may well attract more sucess. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back