Prima LPR879 why so cheap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has been told she must not use an induction hob and wants to replace it with a two ring domino type hob.

However most seem to be under 3kW with only Neff, Miele, Bosch, and Prima making hobs where the pair of rings exceed 3kW the first 3 at £375 to £550 with 3.6kW for Neff and Miele and 3.2Kw for Bosch.

The Prima has a massive 3.9kW and calls the rings Hi-Light cooking zones so one would assume halogen so on paper seems the best of the four hobs.

However at under £150 one wonders why so cheap? Is there something wrong with them?

I realise it will not be as quick as induction each pair of hobs on mine are 6kW and no waist but to install any pair of rings with 3kW or 2.9kW which most other makes offer one is reminded of paint drying times.

So is there anything wrong with the Prima LPR879 or as it has the biggest rings should I recommend that hob.

Seems directive of 3rd Nov 2010 says people with pace makers should not use induction hobs. From what I can find seems hobs are made to Europe and British standards but the same is not true of Pace maker manufactures and some are affected by the hobs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back