Priority Shower Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This just dropped into my inbox.
Garo market a "shower" CU that allows two showers to be connected to one supply.

There are two versions, one gives priortiy to the shower in use. The other leaves a user all covered in soap if the first is turned on.

I am not a fan of 'instant' electric showers, but these units may be a ready-made solution for some applications.

Shower Boards_1452600737.pdf

Sponsored Links
The water supply would also have to be increased to double the flow. But when the power reduces the shower water will be proportionally colder.

Might be ok in a warm climate, but a waste of money in the uk.

Really?

Well then - embarrass me, and entertain everybody else, by explaining it to me.

Sponsored Links
Well, I would like to know as well.
Your comments have nothing to do with my topic.
Unless you are thinking about a ring maino_O

Your comments demonstrate that trying to explain to you would be futile.
Oh go on - try.

Everybody here (except you) would love you to do that.

Everybody here (except you) would love you to explain why you said "the water supply would also have to be increased to double the flow".

Everybody here (except you) would love you to explain why you said "but when the power reduces the shower water will be proportionally colder".

Are you sure that you won't accommodate your many fans?

This just dropped into my inbox.
Garo market a "shower" CU that allows two showers to be connected to one supply.

There are two versions, one gives priortiy to the shower in use. The other leaves a user all covered in soap if the first is turned on.

I am not a fan of 'instant' electric showers, but these units may be a ready-made solution for some applications.

Shower Boards_1452600737.pdf
Getting back on topic....

Looks a good idea, I assumed these were common place but perhaps not?
A combi version would be nice too, so no one else can use hot water when you're having a shower! Or maybe limited to a slow trickle just to be nice to the other person.

Looks a good idea, I assumed these were common place but perhaps not?
Don't think so.

The problem has been aired here before, and various people have tried designing a solution with interlinked contactors etc. but nothing so far has not been susceptible to race conditions on restoration of power following an interruption.

To prioritise A over B is easy - you just have a changeover switch that can't be accessed when A is being used, except by the user of A, but most people want a first-come first-served policy.

A combi version would be nice too, so no one else can use hot water when you're having a shower! Or maybe limited to a slow trickle just to be nice to the other person.
Surely a motorised valve under the control of the shower user would do that?

That's because you follow BAS.
What's the matter, watson?

Not prepared to explain why you said "the water supply would also have to be increased to double the flow"?

Not prepared to explain why you said "but when the power reduces the shower water will be proportionally colder"?

I've asked you, TTC has asked you, aptsys has sort-of asked you.

Do you plan to ignore everybody?

Have you thought about what message that will send?

What's the matter, watson?

Not prepared to explain why you said "the water supply would also have to be increased to double the flow"?

Not prepared to explain why you said "but when the power reduces the shower water will be proportionally colder"?

I've asked you, TTC has asked you, aptsys has sort-of asked you.

Do you plan to ignore everybody?

Have you thought about what message that will send?

I'll try as if explaining to a 4 year old. Here goes, if a house has one shower satisfactorily operating on mains water pressure, what happens if add another shower?
Will the performance of my original shower improve or get worse? Assuming I have adequate electrical power, if I then add another shower (No 3) will the performance of my original shower improve or get worse?

Can you explain why the performance of any shower would be affected by the presence of 1, 2 or 200 more showers as long as only one was ever used at the same time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back