Privatised water clusterflick.

Instead of being rude and insulting, you could post your knowledge - if you have any.

Section 830 of the company's act confirms Mottie is correct. Of course a parent company which makes a profit, may well pay a dividend. Dividend Recaps are not straight forward in UK corporate and tax law.

Do you know what happens if your company pays its share holders more in dividends than are available from profits? Perhaps you could explain the legal implications of a dividend recap, in the UK if it makes the company insolvent? Or the tax treatment of such income?
Do you agree with dividends being paid out when the company is being run so obviously badly ?

Sponsored Links
Dividends can only come from profits. Just because they borrowed money, it doesn’t mean there will be no profits otherwise companies would all be borrowing money, having no 'profits' and paying no corporation tax.

View attachment 334839
If Thames water is making profit, how come it’s on the brink of bankruptcy

Sponsored Links
Surely dividends should be paid for good performance.

Nothing else

If the performance isn't good, change the performers

Wrong - special dividends. Dividend recap.

Its the usual clueless crew - dog breath tory voters trying to defend this chicanery.

They need us more than we need them.

Surely dividends should be paid for good performance.

Nothing else

If the performance isn't good, change the performers

I have held plenty of extremely well performing stocks who do not pay a dividend.

Divideds are just another lever to secure investment.
This better.

You really have no clue. Talking about profits - your a supposed lawyer. Feel sorry for your clients.
Forgive me, I thought you were an expert, I didn't realise you needed to google it.

I think it's you who has no clue, if you don't understand the implications of debt recaps on public limited companies or issuing dividend in excess of profits without properly ring fencing the issuer. Thames water understood it.

Last edited:
The share price has no effect on the profitability or revenue of the company.
nonsense. You might want to think that through before you embarrass yourself.. again.

hint: How does the costs of financing debt impact profitability and how does the value of the company affect its ability to raise such finance?

This is the structure of Thames Water.

lol

ftcms%3A6fcac954-53ba-47dd-ace5-ca396ab0febc

I have held plenty of extremely well performing stocks who do not pay a dividend.

Divideds are just another lever to secure investment.
Forgive me, I thought you were an expert, I didn't realise you needed to google it.

I think it's you who has no clue, if you don't understand the implications of debt recaps on public limited companies or issuing dividend in excess of profits without property ring fencing the issuer. Thames water understood it.

Now tell me which public limited company you are talking about. Clueless as usual. You really are a dogs breakfast.

Sponsored Links
Back