Privatised water clusterflick.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I don't want dividends, perhaps I want capital growth. Perhaps I pay a lot in income tax and prefer capital gains.
And invest in a company on verge of bankruptcy is a good investment? Ok.

A risky investment with higher risk of reward or failure, fair enough. But that's not a good investment, its a risky investment.

Sponsored Links
Surely dividends should be paid for good performance.
They made a cracking job of my new drains. Spent £80k on them too. I’m happy and I don’t begrudge them a penny of their bonus's. Well earned as far as I’m concerned.

more nonsense
Ad hominem

You’ve yet to explain why a company can end up in huge debt whilst paying out huge dividends…instead you keep deflecting with nonsense about company structure

I guess you didn’t realise the purpose of dividends is giving the shareholders a share of the profit when a company does well.

Tribal Tory nonsense as usual

The company is sh1t
Literally sh1t

Like Brexit, I can only speak as I find and recount my personal experience (do you have any?) For me, starting with them coming out to unblock my drains at 3.00 am on Boxing Day, right up to replacing the whole lot at great expense, they have been fantastic for me as far as I’m concerned. I had new clay pipes laid but this very moment they are relining the rest of the drains my street. Fabulous service. (y)

Like Brexit, I can only speak as I find and recount my personal experience (do you have any?) For me, starting with them coming out to unblock my drains at 3.00 am on Boxing Day, right up to replacing the whole lot at great expense, they have been fantastic for me as far as I’m concerned. I had new clay pipes laid but this very moment they are relining the rest of the drains my street. Fabulous service. (y)
You're confusing the work done by the workers with the company structure and how it's run

They made a cracking job of my new drains. Spent £80k on them too. I’m happy and I don’t begrudge them a penny of their bonus's. Well earned as far as I’m concerned.
Were the drains you mention on your property or part of the public sewer system?

Ad hominem

You’ve yet to explain why a company can end up in huge debt whilst paying out huge dividends…instead you keep deflecting with nonsense about company structure

I guess you didn’t realise the purpose of dividends is giving the shareholders a share of the profit when a company does well.

Simply because it can.

A company can make zero profit and be miles away from bankruptcy. I can think of dozens.
A company can make a profit and still be on the brink of bankruptcy. e.g. Body shop
A company can issue dividends while also having huge debt. Centrica - 4.1bn debt

Lots of extremely successful and highly profitable companies do not issue dividends.
salesforce.com, Netflix, under armour, amazon, Facebook, 100s

Last edited:
No, I’m not. The company structure organised a contractor to do £80k's worth of work on my drain.
Think about it.

The work, and the quality of work, was that down to the guys on the ground?

The way the company is run, dividends paid out, debts accrued etc, is that those same guys, or a dfifferent set?

Think about it.

The work, and the quality of work, was that down to the guys on the ground?
I’ve thought about it. The guys on the ground are subcontractors. I can’t deal with them. They can’t do anything off their own back. The 'management' has to organise, authorise and pay for it. Without them organising, authorising and paying, it wouldn’t happen.

Sponsored Links
Back