Problem confirming RKP to Texecom 48 Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've done the dumb thing of taking one of my wired RKPs (there are 3, Premier LCDP) off the wall to paint. I got a tamper error that I fixed but returning to the RKP it was displaying random characters. Long story short, I have tried powering down, tried confirming devices etc. and now the display shows V10.100 Add=003 and the Rx led is flashing but I can't get any further. Any suggestions or solutions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
That's one of the strange things - none of the cable connections was broken; just taken off the wall (mounting plate still on wall). I have disconected all 4 just to power down and check the connectons. I sure that nothing has been changed as I took a photo first (!)

I've checked the wiring on the other two RKPs and they all match. Are you able to point me in the direction of any other possible solutions? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Go into engineering , eng utils , confirm devices , Power down the network ( pull network fuse ) wait 20 secs put fuse back in , confirm devices press yes , see what you have you should have keypad 123

According to the installation manual the network fuse (F4) is in the lower left area on the pcb but there are no fuses that I can see (or pull). Sorry to have to ask, but where is this fuse? Thanks

20221012_103800.jpg

Followed steps but the RKP 3 is still only displaying V10.100 Add=003. In Confirm Devices the display is showing the following; Net 1, RKP > 123., EXP > 12.. Can the RKP be shot? Would it be simpler/easire to just swap it out for a wireless version? Thanks for your time

Yes I did (ran through the confirm devices steps twice) - first sign of madness; do the same thing again
and expect a different result :rolleyes:

ok, I've removed and swapped 2 rkps and the 'faulty' rkp still displays the same data (i.e. no change). Changing the rkp number does display correctly whern stepping through confirm devices so I must assume that the rkp is faulty...

Not really following what you have done ? But …..I would wire the keypad by a short piece of wire direct to the panel and see if it’s doing the same thing first …

Sorry, I thought that would be the same thing; swap out 2 rkps and if the 'fault' presents at the new location then the 'fault' lies with the rkp and not the cabling (the working rkp continued to work when wired to the original location).

Ok that makes sense now ….it didn’t work when you moved it ……just one last thing …..have you checked the dip switches are correct on the faulty keypad ? It does sound correct from what confirm devices is saying …..3 keypads …..or one other last check with all 3 keypads attached ….check voltage at faulty keypad as I’ve know a keypad to be hit and miss with low voltage …..on the network

Just to tie off this thread - I bought a replacement RKP, fitted it this afternoon and everything is working as expected. solution found, problem solved. Many thanks sparkymarka for all your help and support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back