problem finding right size tap conversion kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the top of one of my bath taps has broken. So I'm looking for a tap conversion kit to buy to repair it. Most seem to be 1/2" or 3/4". Having takne off the top of the tap and unscrewed the inards from teh tap the thread on min appears to be 1" and the attahcment at the top where the tap head fis on is also larger, does anyone know where I can get an adaptor that wll conver the 1" thread down to 3/4" so I can use a standard kt to replace the broken tap top ??

Sponsored Links
Most plumbing fittings have British Standard Pipe threads. The nominal size of the thread is the size of the bore of the pipe or fitting, not the overall size of thread, as you would expect with, say, a nut and bolt.

A 1/2" BSP thread is about 3/4" diameter because a 1/2" bore iron pipe is about 3/4" outside diameter, and a 3/4" BSP thread is about 1" diameter.

The internals of taps may use any threads the manufacturer sees fit, as they haven't got to connect up to any pipework, only mate with another component made by the same manufacturer, so they may be BSP, BS Brass threads, or their metric equivalent etc. etc.

the thread is 1" thread i.e overall diameter just over 1", to fit bore of 1"
into the main tap body, but I'm having problems finding anything that fits
I have another tap that is a 3/4" size and this one is larger.

Sponsored Links
OK, having searched a bit on the net it looks like I need 1 1" x 3/4" brass reducing bush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back