Right angled bath tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My friend has a cast iron bath with tap holes in the sides instead of the edge. The existing chrome taps - which are broken - are shaped similar to an outside tap but with normal 22mm male threads for the water pipes. Does anyone know where new taps can be obtained?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean bib taps?

WEB_IMAGE_ME-1057303-D1.JPG
WEB_IMAGE_ME-1021434-D2.JPG

or wall taps?

WEB_IMAGE_ME-1115531-1-D1-1.JPG
WEB_IMAGE_ME-1021799-D2.JPG
Quadrant_contemporary_wall_mounted_tap_m_m.jpg

this one is a bib tap with a riser added

WEB_IMAGE_ME-1021681-D2.JPG

Thanks John. A bib tap it must be. Like the gold ones at the top but in silver. I assume the thread is correct. I'll start having a look through the catalogues.

Sponsored Links
Great. Thanks again. I'll pass the information on and hope he doesn't top himself when he sees the price.

Get on to eBay quick - there are globes on there from £10(y)

Some awfully rough ones on eBay too! My Grandparents had Globe taps on their bath, haven't seen any in use for years now.

I thought those are illegal and not allowed under water regulation, due to risk of back flow from dirty water into water main.

Daniel.

I don't suppose you could fit new, but as replacements they are probably permitted, otherwise the bath would have to be changed too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back