Problem Neighbour and Planning - Harassment?

It's not the extension he's got issue with. He has issue with the fact that I purchased a piece of land besides my house which he feels he and everyone else should be able to enjoy and I shouldn't be able to use as my garden. He's just plain jealous!

He's entitled to his opinion and to make his own objections to planning, I have no issue with that, but when he contacts the council on a weekly basis making false claims and allegations which then mean the council have to contact me, in my book that's harassment!

My plan is to warn him off, if he then continues to make such claims I will get a restraining order against him.

Sponsored Links
I will get a restraining order against him.
How are you going to manage that?

If he complains to the council, about a planning concern, then he is entitled to do that just like any other member of the public.

You think that he is just targeting you, but he may be doing the same thing about any other planning issue at other locations too.

Your supposition fails the test for harassment under the 1997 Act, and fails under any other ASB criteria too.

harassment is not defined but it includes causing the person alarm or distress.

Can he see the land from his house?

Block pave it.
IMG_8720.PNG

Sponsored Links
harassment is not defined but it includes causing the person alarm or distress.
From a planning enquiry or complaint? Seriously?

I'll remember to watch out for that case. It will come in handy next time I see an extension where the design is alarmingly incongruous.

Poo through letter box (PTLB) and tell all the neighbours he’s a paedo. Then build via permitted development and make comments about how wonderful this extra land is and what a bargain you got it for.

That's just average size Up North :LOL:(y)

My missus thought it was funny so next time I'll do a lady one :)

My missus thought it was funny so next time I'll do a lady one :)
Is that your garden? So you mowed a cock in your own lawn? Please tell me you didn’t block pave your own drive too?!

Was gonna hedge trim tomorrow. Not to be outdone I’m going to do a topiary knob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back