Problem with Combi boiler - BG/Worcester/Bosch RD532i

I dont know about that model but like car ignition leads they often have a high resistance conductor to reduce radio interference.

Like car leads they often have a resistance of 1K-10K ohms.

The problem is that the manufacturers dont usually quote the resistance and Keston could not tell me about one yesterday.

So testing with a meter does not mean very much unless you know what it should read.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ill be very surprised if its the leads at fault. of the hundreds of these ive repaired the fault is nearly always one of two things, the fan or the elctrodes. everything else on these is infinately reliable. as the muppet agile says, knowing what the resistance of the leads needs to be is a start.

your RGI doesnt sound all that reliable to me. i would get someone else.

I forgot to comment back on what agile said before about not being able to smell gas cos it'll have been burnt. Not entirely. Seen quite a few where u take the case off and it's stinking. Not this model but very similar. Hence why I asked if could smell gas at flue at not suggesting OP removes case. Also, did the RGi wash the heat ex? Moisture on electrodes causes that fault. Agree it's either prob electrodes but also moisture can accumulate on the electrodes where it connects to the pcb, but that usually shorts it causing EA not FA, but moisture inside the heat ex on the probes can give FA

Anyone reading the last posting should NOT be attempting a DIY repair on their boiler.

Nor should they remove the front cover as the original posted had done.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Anyone reading the last posting should NOT be attempting a DIY repair on their boiler.

Nor should they remove the front cover as the original posted had done.

Tony
5 years later this was on your mind?

Lol brassed off....that's what I was thinking😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back