RD532i Boiler issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help here

We have 7 yr old Worcester/Bosch (Scottish gas) RD532i boiler which stopped working last week. It switches on but the temp does not rise and we get no hot water. The pressure is fine.
Originally the screen flashes with P3 and P4 codes which relate to nothing in the error code book. Next we get a C1 replace fan error after about 3 minutes.
The boiler has been looked at by 3 engineers who could not offer a solution except get a new boiler as they have tested the fan and it appears to be fine. There is a slight smell of burning which would suggest the electrics but surely this would stop the whole thing working?
All 3 engineers have said the fan and pump and everything else is fine.

Surely there must be some other solution as I don't want to pay 1500 for a new boiler.

Has anybody come across this before. Im at a loss

Kind regards
Graham

Sponsored Links
P3 and P4 relate to the start up sequence for the PCB. If it is showing that without the power being cut to it I would be looking for a reason.

C1 is fan fault. there's not much to test on the fan so how they have come to the conclusion it is OK without taking the plunge and swapping it is anyones guess. The fan is pricey no doubt but it's not £1500 so it's the logical next step IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back