Vokera Linea 28 boiler

dp i have not once said anywhere that i can fix any boiler first time but what i do know is that i am giving sound advice based upon experience and with this fault that the op boiler has been experiencing are very simular to problems i have came across my self ;)
parts changer yes sometimes but what i try to do is learn from my mistakes and why would i need to go into specific detail about the complete boilers operational sequence and testing components :?:
i am in no way slating anyone as advice shared and gained is always pretty good on this site however some peoples bravado and massive ego's tend to get in the way sometimes :evil:

Sponsored Links
Gaspro, only first para was directed to you. I wrote that para to gain knowledge thinking perhaps I was missing something.. There indeed are systems where if one component is defective another needs to be checked else replacement component also dies (Potterton Kingfisher Mf being one such boiler).

Rest of the email is a general view, no way directed at you. Point I was trying to make here was that knowledge of boiler operation is a platform from which faulting should begin

Well 8 months on and I'm now back to the same problem!

Since the ignition board was replaced in April all seemed fine and the 03 error code finally went away. However come November and back it came. I would reset it and it worked fine for a few more weeks. The happened again, reset it again and ok for a while again.

Finally after the 4th time of it happening I called the TSM who had kindly left me his card last time telling me to call if I had any more problems and he would get Vokera out. I reminded him of that although I don't think he did remember but I can understand why not.

Anyway he organised an engineer to come out on Christmas Eve and said he wouldn't be able to get Vokera out before the end of the year anyway. I appreciate that he would want one of his own engineers out first.

He decided it would be the APS as it was the older design and Vokera had modified it because of problems with it - at least so he says. Naturally we have to order the part and it will be next Wednesday because of the holidays. They have been told to keep Tuesday for urgent cases which mine isn't as I am able to reset it so far.

Tonight it has happened twice in the space of half an hour. I have also noticed one of the radiators seems to need bleeding often as the top rail (it's a heated towel rail) is not as hot - also had to top up the pressure.

I am now completely fed up with this problem! What is going on?

Meant to add - my younger son has just moved into his first home. Vokera Linea 28 is the 3yr old boiler - guess what - it has an intermittent 03 error as well!

Update to this.

Engineer came out on Christmas Eve - decided that new aps was needed as Vokera had identified a problem. It was fitted Wednesday before New Year and has been fine since. Mind you he did say that there was a slight blockage in Venturi too!

Sponsored Links
Seems to me that some will take any given oppurtunity , to run people down , to what ends I ask ??? there is NO one & I mean NO one on this forum offering advice now ,or in the past who has not made a mistake , or mis diagnosed or missed a problem , with a boiler / heating system !!

Seems to me that some will take any given oppurtunity , to run people down , to what ends I ask ??? there is NO one & I mean NO one on this forum offering advice now ,or in the past who has not made a mistake , or mis diagnosed or missed a problem , with a boiler / heating system !!

if they have they wouldnt admit it on here. even when proven wrong plenty of them just dont reply in the hope that no one notices.

Transam, you are missing a vital point. It is NOT possible to diagnose a fault remotely. When the regulars suggest something, it is based on experience.

If I had an 03 fault, I would be looking at the gas valve, ignition sequence board or the gas rate. But for successful repair, one has to be in front of the appliance.

You are very correct when you say there are people who will not admit they ever make a mistake. I feel sorry for such a person as he or she is wearing blinkers and input senses are locked out

To be fair in the original documentattion from vokera it says 03 is an air flow fault and in the additional fault finding they issued it says fault 03 is pcb.....if vokera don't know it puts a lot of us on the back foot.

My mistake, 03 is indeed fan problem not ignition failure I erroneously assumed.

All quite basic I would think, to fix this fault.

My mistake, 03 is indeed fan problem not ignition failure I erroneously assumed.

Fault 03 is indeed listed as fan/flue problem.

All quite basic I would think, to fix this fault.

It appears that it should be quite basic. However to fix mine it took replacement of the fan, the main pcb, the ignition pcb and finally the aps. Was it all necessary or trial and error? I don't know.

The last engineer suggested that Vokera had modified the aps as they had discovered that it was prone to wind blowing through the flue and tripping out the switch. As mine has a chimney type flue rather than a through the wall type flue I can't see that being my problem.

What I have discovered is that it is quite a common fault with Vokera boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back