Vokera Linea 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a good idea.

Next time it gets a fault and it won't reset go for the display pcb first ;)

Sponsored Links
Clearly a post where the poster will not take advice.

The reset on the boiler is effected by a potetiometer at a particular resitive reading. The same pot then allows selection of heating and hot water or hot water only. It is not a switch (like on-off), but a linear circuit. Shorting the LN and E terminals will do NOTHING. These terminals are connected to a transformer primary side. Secondary side powers the circuit. Applying a short across L and N will have no effect on secondary side.

I must say I like Vokeras. Certainly not foreign rubbish as the poster says (sour grapes?), but a boiler that is well engineered, well laid out for ease of access during service and parts that do not cost arm and a leg.

What more can I say, I would be a rich man if I collected a £ for every pcb that was replaced when the boiler goes tits up.

DP said:
Clearly a post where the poster will not take advice.

The reset on the boiler is effected by a potetiometer at a particular resitive reading. The same pot then allows selection of heating and hot water or hot water only. It is not a switch (like on-off), but a linear circuit. Shorting the LN and E terminals will do NOTHING. These terminals are connected to a transformer primary side. Secondary side powers the circuit. Applying a short across L and N will have no effect on secondary side.

I must say I like Vokeras. Certainly not foreign rubbish as the poster says (sour grapes?), but a boiler that is well engineered, well laid out for ease of access during service and parts that do not cost arm and a leg.

What more can I say, I would be a rich man if I collected a £ for every pcb that was replaced when the boiler goes **** up.

Do you work for Vokera?

Why have 3 seperate boards instead of 1?

Scatmans point is taken I just wanted an explanation of the reset, thanks for that.

I say give credit where it is due. Just because I like Vokera, does not mean I work for the company. You seem to like a Halstead, do you work for Halstead? Dont be silly. The post is intended to give you some insight into the problem which you seem to be missing completely.

Why NOT have three boards. Control PCB, sequence PCB and display PCB makes three. Many boiler have three PCBs. Would you prefer One PCB that requires a second mortgage to purchase. In my books three different boards means better chance of diagnosing the defect to single unit.

My take on the thread is that you seem to be ignoring what Scatmanjohn is suggesting

Ideal Icos has two PCBs- control and main. Do a search for the main board price. You might just thank your lucky stars you have the boiler you have.

Sponsored Links
DP said:
I say give credit where it is due. Just because I like Vokera, does not mean I work for the company. You seem to like a Halstead, do you work for Halstead? Dont be silly. The post is intended to give you some insight into the problem which you seem to be missing completely.

Why NOT have three boards. Control PCB, sequence PCB and display PCB makes three. Many boiler have three PCBs. Would you prefer One PCB that requires a second mortgage to purchase. In my books three different boards means better chance of diagnosing the defect to single unit.

My take on the thread is that you seem to be ignoring what Scatmanjohn is suggesting

Ideal Icos has two PCBs- control and main. Do a search for the main board price. You might just thank your lucky stars you have the boiler you have.

No you're wrong. scatmans point is taken.

Ideal Icos control pcb £44 + vat Primary pcb £139+ vat I wish I had your mortgage.

I dont work for Halstead I work for myself.

Just going off a Friends experience with a Rayvenheat white star, The single board was replaced for £180 inc fitting. So a single board cant be all that bad. KISS

nortimax said:
DP said:

Ideal Icos control pcb £44 + vat Primary pcb £139+ vat I wish I had your mortgage.

Just going off a Friends experience with a Rayvenheat white star, The single board was replaced for £180 inc fitting. So a single board cant be all that bad. KISS

working by your logic then if both boilers had 2 faults attributed to pcb's the ideal with two pcbs could work out cheaper....and so possibly would the vokera which you detest so much.

i have to agree with DP....the vokera in question is a far superior boiler to anything halstead, ideal or ravenheat have (or will have) to offer. the only vokera pcb i have to change regularly are the gas valve pcb's....and even then 50% of those can be fixed by resoldering whatever joint is loose inside.

Although I am not a Vokera lover I to would prefer one to any of the afore mentioned boilers, especially the Ideal.

Just recently I have had a spate of pcb changes on the Linea for some reason, all around 5 years old I would guess but just coincidence I suppose :confused:

Dave what kind of problems are you encountering?

They have all been dead and the pcb's have had a melted burnt spot on them. haven't been called back to any that I have replaced pcb on so I assume there was not a fault elsewhere causing this.

Are pcb's common on Linea or was it just strange coincidence?

Also had 3 with filling non-return valve stuck and needed replacement.

gas4you said:
They have all been dead and the pcb's have had a melted burnt spot on them. haven't been called back to any that I have replaced pcb on so I assume there was not a fault elsewhere causing this.

Are pcb's common on Linea or was it just strange coincidence?

ive only done 3 in 6 years...and i see loads of lineas.

Also had 3 with filling non-return valve stuck and needed replacement.

thats common enough.

Just my 'bad luck' then. I'll put them back higher on my 'favoured' list :)

nortimax said:
nickso said:
nortimax said:
DP said:

working by your logic then if both boilers had 2 faults attributed to pcb's the ideal with two pcbs could work out cheaper....and so possibly would the vokera which you detest so much.

i have to agree with DP....the vokera in question is a far superior boiler to anything halstead, ideal or ravenheat have (or will have) to offer. the only vokera pcb i have to change regularly are the gas valve pcb's....and even then 50% of those can be fixed by resoldering whatever joint is loose inside.

Do you lick DP's balls as well as his 4rse?

:rolleyes: thats even less informed than your previous rantings about nothing in particular. on the subject of balls...have yours dropped yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back