Problems after powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my system Powerflushed last week, and whilst all was fine for the first few days (less noise, radiators hot), after a couple of very cold mornings I am now suffering from banging and gurgling noises in the pipes and boiler about 30 minutes after the boiler is switched on.

Another major problem that has developed is that the hot water tap downstairs is now suddenly down to no more than a trickle, with the others being fine.

I spoke to the heating engineer who did the flush and he advised me to turn the boiler thermostat down slightly as the pipes may be getting too hot. I tried this and it helped a bit but not much, but on reading up it seems like the thermostat should always be set to max in the winter anyway.

Has anyone else noticed similar problems after having a powerflush, or can anyone point to the possible causes of the noise other than corrosion? (which should no longer be an issue!).

The heating engineer had to remove my hot water cylinder for some reason during the flushing process - do you think this could be related to my problems in any way?

I have a back boiler (baxi bermuda).

Sponsored Links
You have an airlock in the hot water supply. He should have sorted that out!

It sounds as if there is air in your heating system OR a partial blockage in the feed pipe from the F&E tank.

You could try bleeding all the rads but particularly and "finger vents" which are often situated near the pump and near the cylinder.

Tony

Apart from the air in the HW pipes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , you can get a very wide variety of problems after a poweflush, including horrendous blockages and leaks, if you're really unlucky.
How much of this sort of trouble is the guy's rsponsibility to sort out for the original fee, is a matter for agreement before the work starts.

But now you are where you are, cajoling and understanding, may have to be the best route forward. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have a primatic cylinder in. It may well be just some air that is trying to filter out of the system. If it doesn't settle down then get him back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back