Problems getting a dishwasher in its space. PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had an integrated dishwasher fitted and then a laminate flooring was laid in the kitchen. 18 months on and the Dishwasher has broken down (replaced by Curry's for the same model)

The dishwasher is jammed in the space as I can't lift the laminate without ruining it. My plan to get it out is to saw off the plastic supporting legs and take it out of the space.

The problem is that getting the new one in is going to be nigh on impossible without finding shorter feet for the dishwasher of by not fitting the supporting feet to the dishwasher at all.

Any advice on which option I should go for? If I dont fit any feet (i'm not sure if this is possible) should i rest the machine on some MDF to support it?

I've tried to look for another dishwasher that is less than 82cm tall but cannot find one.

I'm really struggling and stressed out over this.

Sponsored Links
The dishwasher legs wind up as the back ones do then slide it forward. In the corner of each leg is a red stalk use a 7 or 8 mm hex nut to unwind it

Legs wind up to minimum 82cms which is still too tall to get in i'm afraid.

Cant take off worktop as hob and sink cut out is on the worktop. Also newer tiles have been put on using the worktop as tiling line.

How about not adding the supplied feet and putting the machine on some blocks?

Sponsored Links
Wind them down then then you can pull it out.

Sorry Rocks I think I'm not being very clear.

I will be ok getting the old one out (simply because I'm going to hacksaw off the legs to lower it)

It's getting the new one in that I'm concerned with. Really appreciate your posting though.

Can u post a pic of the bottom of the dw. The legs as well, all dw legs wind up and down to slot in and out. have you looked at the manual what's the make and model.

Of course Rocks - I just really appreciate your help.

2q3t7o8.jpg

Beko DW600 integrated - unfortunately no manual and also not available on Beko website manuals section

Edit* sorry - picture resized

Right , a pic is worth a thousand words. There's a grey slotted screw in the pic with a arrow that means if you slot a screw driver in there the legs will go up and down once it's lowered it will slide out then adjust legs on new one so they are lower then raise them. Bit like a jack on a car.

I haven't tried very recently Rocks but I believe that is as high as they will go

If the screws at the top are out then lower the feet they wind up into the cabinet then it will slide out. Then slide new one in and wind up legs till it's high enough. If you want place a thin piece of wood under the legs to raise it further.

I've just tried again Rocks.

The grey screw controls the back legs and they are raised as far as possible. The front legs are adjusted with a spanner and again they are raised as far as possible. So I have my dishwasher at its smallest possible height but jammed in at the top by the worktop (not screwed into worktop)

and at the bottom of the machine because of the lip of the newly laid flooring as below:

ri8e55.jpg

Read again what Rocks said...you have to lower the legs to get it out, not raise them.

Apologies again if I'm not being clear. I mean I have raised the legs from the floor - ie they are in their lowest position. The dishwasher is at it's lowest height.

I have followed what Rocks said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back