Programmable electronic thermastatic radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi diy not,

I'm looking to install an electronic TRV for my room only (and maybe my brother's room as well). The reason is because my parents stay up a lot later than I do, and so keep the heating on till late at night.

I've seen from this forum that the HR80(UK) and accompanying controller is quite popular. Has anybody had experience with it? Has anyone used alternatives, like the Danfoss of HouseTech ones?

One thing that concerns me about the HR80 is the noise from the motor, especially when it recalibrates itself. But I guess this may not be too much of a problem as I plan to have the heating turn off before I go to bed and 30 mins before I rise. Anyone know loud the noise is?

Are there any quieter electronic TRVs out there? I saw the eTrv www.etrv.co.uk , which claims to be silent . I'm not sure if it's out yet though. However if anyone has used it or knows of a quieter etrv please let me know.

Regards,

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back