Programmer change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just had a new boiler fitted and it came with a danfoss room thermostat. My old boiler had a honeywell and it had far more functionality. I asked the boiler engineer if i could use the honeywell with the new boiler and he said no. Am i wrong in assuming that this isn't strictly true? Can i do something to it to enable the honeywell to function with the new boiler?
Thanks
H

Sponsored Links
Knowing which boiler and control is quite important.

As a general rule of thumb it will either work on a mains voltage switched live, or a low voltage switching circuit. As long as the type of communication from the control can work with the boiler it shouldn't be a problem. The boiler will only look for a signal (either of the above) which tells it when to fire. So the make and model of the control does not always matter. It just looks for the signal.

I hope this helps.

Piers

The boiler is a Ideal Logic 24 Combi.
The control is a Danfoss RX1
The honeywell controller is CM927

Sponsored Links
The boiler is a Ideal Logic 24 Combi.
The control is a Danfoss RX1
The honeywell controller is CM927
A wireless stat has two components: user control and receiver. You cannot mix brands.

The Danfoss RX1 is a receiver, which will only work with a Danfoss controller. It will not work with a Honeywell controller.

If you have both components of the Honeywell, there is no reason why they cannot be used. The Honeywell receiver would replace the Danfoss RX1.

OK great thanks for your help. Where could i get one & what would i need to look out for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back