pros+cons of brick+stone slips ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you tell me the pros and cons of using brick slips,and also,stone slips??
they seem like a good idea,but im wondering if they are to good to be true.
if you have had any experiences with these products,good or bad and any tips about them,i would appreciate your advice.
thanks
puzzbahh

Sponsored Links
As long as you have three china ducks on the same wall and the lady of the house has her hair permanantly in curlers then they are in context and look fine.
Otherwise they look cheap and tacky. ;)

hello,
cheap and tacky?
a lot of newly built houses by developers are using brick slips,because of the shortage of brickies,and that buyers arent aware of it until they see surveys,etc-so surely they cant be that bad? apparently,mc donalds use this system-they look like real brick walls to me!
another product i iam looking at is by fernhill stone- a range of stone slips-the pictures on their site look good-but a picture is not the same as seeing the real thing-thats why im looking for someone who has used them-has edama-the last post here,actually seen them in situ,or are you going by what they look like in corrie? i think that is not slips,but a type of cladding-and i wouldnt be putting something up that clashed with its surroundings-or painting it!!!
thanks

Sponsored Links
hello,breezer,
mc donalds put up a restauraunt with drive thru in 2 days-you cant do that with traditional building-they use pre-fab systems,and instead of a brick outer wall,they use slips-these are "slices" of brick,which also have corner "slices as well,which are simply attached to the surface- if you look here you will see examples there.
fernhill stone have a good website showing various stone slips-all these can be fitted in a fraction of the time conventional outer leafs take,and at fractional cost-the results look very good on the sites mentioned,but im looking for some posts from people who have used them for pros and cons...
puzzbahh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back