protecting a leather sofa from heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a way of protecting the back of a leather sofa that is in front of a radiator? We have had a leather sofa in front of our radiator before and I have to say that it lasted longer than the other sofa that was against a plain wall. But now our new leather sofas have been delivered, I'm reluctant to take a risk. I wondered if putting some sort of heat reflective material on the back of the sofa would help or is that a really silly idea? I would be very grateful for any ideas. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont know about the reflective material idea, might not be the best. What about a radiator cabinet. I suppose you could fit a sheet of very thin mdf or fibre board to the rad but this may not suit your paticular set-up. It would probably reduce heat output from the rad a little also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back