prothem 80e boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem with my protherm boiler. the flame goes out the strange thing is that it doesnt do it all the time and it can be on either heating or hot water. When it happens the flames will just go off, then the boiler seems to reset itself then fire back up again within seconds. It has only ever locked out with the F1 error code twice "which is the no flame detected error". Is this something to do with the flame sensor being faulty and the boiler thinking there is no flame there. I know this make of boiler has problems but i really dont want to pay out for a new one as we are moving soon. Any comments would be very appreciated

:confused:

Sponsored Links
It could be the flame sensor not sensing the flame. It also sounds like the air pressure switch is dropping out this could be dirt in the fan venturi.

Most common fault ive had on these is the pcb pump relay, tap the pcb casing and the pump stops but the burner continous then overheats flame stops then the pump continues, It brings up F1 and F3 when the fault gets worst also trips the internal overheat stat,

The ignition module that bolts onto the gas valve also give F1 lockouts, due dry soldered joints on the pcb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back