Protherm 80e - Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Protherm 80e (e not E) - Client reports frequent FI that could be reset and now won't respond to reset.

I've established the following: On power up the pump starts and runs sweetly for approx 1 minute.
Fan won't run (steady 46 Volts a/c showing at the fan terminals) Fan winding is 57 ohms - Fan runs sweetly when disconnected and fed from a mains supply.

Both diaphragm microswitches make reliably when traced back to the main pcb. Overheat cutout is closed circuit.

Protherm have a website but there doesn't seem to be any tech' helpline?

My gut says pcb not sending enough voltage to start the fan but I'd appreciate any contributions.......

(Air pressure switch is open circuit and closes reliably upon gentle pressure so I'm confident it's OK if it could find some flue pressure to confirm)

Regards to all, Martin[/b]

Sponsored Links
F1 is overheating.

I may know what is wrong but you will need to get a gas safe engineer in, he can do a fault finding procedure.

Daniel.

Hello Daniel, He could only do that if the IASI contained a functional flow diagram. The Vipergas "Fault Finding Fan Flued Combination Boilers" is of some help but can't be definitive I'd be interested in your view as to the fault. Regards, Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back