Pull cord switch wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if someone can help. I'm installing a new light in the shower. Basically, I'm replacing the shaver light with another light. I've connected everything and it all worked fine. However, when I try to switch the lights off at the wall the ceiling light switches off, but not the new light.

I know this is because the shaver light worked with a pull-cord. So I have two options. Either re-wire (which is not an option), or somehow use the pull-cord mechanism in the shaver light to convert the new light to a pull-cord light. The wires from the wall is the standard 3, live, neutral and earth. The pull-cord mechanism has 3 brown wires.

Can someone let me know if this will be possible to do, and if so, how do I connect the wires. It looks like one of the brown wires in the pull-cord mechanism was not used at all....

Thanks in advance.
Minette

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back