Puma 80 perm pilot. Mains LED not lit

nap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 weeks agoI replaced my burnt PCB for a reconditioned one.
Today I have lost both CHW and DHW because the mains LED is off. Mains power is on and the Fuse F1 is OK. According to the Fault Finder I should..."remove Plug PL6 from Modulator Board, Are Both Transformer Windings Closed Circuit? If Yes replace PCB if Not Replace Transformer Assembly." Does anybody know what "Transformer Windings Closed Circuit " means and how do I check it.

Sponsored Links
You need to have a multimeter and know how to measure voltages and resistances with it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Further to: No LED Light.

I have checked both transformer and PCB and they are both fine.
Any ideas as to why It won't work.

nap said:
Further to: No LED Light.

I have checked both transformer and PCB and they are both fine.
Any ideas as to why It won't work.

exactly how did you check the pcb??

baxpoti said:
replaced my burnt PCB for a reconditioned one.
I thought reconditioned PCBs were now 'illeagal'

Of course they're not - clueless CORGIs should be

If only you had a clue what the law says as opposed to your uninfornmed predjuces, your views might be relevant

Happy new year

Yes this was one of my pcbs, I swapped it for him, same problem, checked his transformer, it's OK, he bought a brand new PCB (despite me telling him there PCB was OK) and he still has the same problem

So lets see if one of you is actually capable of solving this

(although, I might have found the problem, I'm waiting for him to come back to me)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back