Puma 80e - Problem or Normal???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently moved into a new house with a Puma 80e combi boiler & a Gainsbourough Thermostatic shower, I am now sick to the back teeth of naff showers.

From my own investigation & previous posts on here I have found that the Gainsbourough has the correct cartridge (pink) for a combi boiler but that the main issue seems to be caused by the fact that the boiler will turn on & off during a shower as (if I understand it correct) not enough hot water is being drawn away from the boiler quick enough to keep demand needed. As a result the temp of the shower is up & down.

Today I tried a push on shower head onto the bathroom tapes, & with just the hot tape opened fully after a minute or so the water temp will go from BOILING to cold again I guess because the shower head is not taking enough hot away. Is this normal behaviour? I have also tried adjusting the hot water temp at the dial on the front of the Puma & this appears to do nothing at all. What ever it is set to the water will come out scalding hot; again is this correct, as my plan was to ramp the boiler down & then simply use just the hot tape at the bath to hopefully give a warm shower.

Failing all this can anyone suggest how they would resolve this with this boiler i.e. electric shower installed etc etc??

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back