Pump Anti Seizure Feature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester Greenstar Ri system boiler. In the manual it states that it has Pump Anti-Seizure feature...

"If there has been no heating demand for 24 hours the boiler will run the system pump for a few seconds to reduce the possibility of pump seizure during long periods of inactivity which is usually more frequent during th e summer months"

Thing is, this feature kicks in every day on my boiler, even though I have my heating on daily. If fires up every 24 hours +20minutes every day, just for a minite or so. So... is it not wired up correctly, or is it something pre-programmed into the board? And is there any way to disable this feature?

The reason it's annoying me is the central heating pump is right next to my bedroom and the pipes run underneath the bedroom floor and when it fires up the racket wakes me up (I have a separate thread on me needing to resecure these pipes but the humming of the boiler/pump coming on would still wake me up).

I've tried adjustung the time on the timer in an attempt to fool it to doing this during the daytime but it hasn't worked, so it isn't calculating its 24 hours +20 minute increments from there.

Sponsored Links
I think the boiler will be timing it from when it was switched on.
Although if the boiler has been used for heating it shouldn't be doing that.
Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a "worcester" feature.
Don't like worcester boilers always trying to be too clever.

Beat technology with simplicity - put an inline switch on the pump flex - but I`m assuming you can get to it - I`m not familiar with that particular boiler :oops:

Sponsored Links
I've got a Worcester Greenstar Ri system boiler.
Are you sure?

The Si is the System boiler; the Ri is the Regular (open vent) boiler. If the pump is within the boiler it will be a System (Si) boiler; if an external pump it is a Regular (Ri) boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back