Pump for Danfoss Trafo 52 L (I think)!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Was called round to what i think was a Danfoss Trafo 52 L oil burner (at least that is what it said on the top of it) for an annual service.

When i was there i noticed a whistling noise coming out of the pump (bearings i assume) so the pump will need changed. There was a really old Danfoss pump on it and im wandering what model of pump i should fit to it when changing.

At the risk of getting shouted at is this an old burner unit and would the customer be better going for a whole new burner unit instead of fixing this now and maybe something else going in a while??

Thanks in advance

Grill

Sponsored Links
THe Trafo 52L Is the reference for the ignition transformer!!

Are you sure its the oil pump thats whistling and not the burner motor?

If its the pump check the suction line for blocked filters etc!!!

It depends what model pump is fitted to assess a suitable replacement !!

Is it really worth fitting a new burner to a boiler of this age??

BTW you never said which boiler it was !!

OOPPSSS,

Majorly embarrassed about the burner identification!!! Just havent seen one like this before so couldnt ID it. How old do you reckon it is??

Again there were no marking on the boiler to identify it. Was hexagonal shape if that is any clue!!!!

Was going to pull the pump off and run the burner to eliminate the motor making noise but dont want to do it until i know i have something to replace it with if neccessary.

Again the only makrking on the pump stated Danfoss and no model names. It had a red plate on it if thats any use!!! Should ahve taken a picture!!

I have basically told her that as soon as thing start going wrong then it would be better to replace as she will end up throwing good money after bad.

The boiler itself looks okay. No rust etc. How do you know when it is on its way out.

It dont do much oil work obviously so any help would be a benefit!!!

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back