Pump keeps needing bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH system was working fine until I replaced a radiator after decorating. Now I can't seem to get all the air out the system. The pump continually needs bleeding to get it going properly.

Sponsored Links
What method of bleeding/venting are you using?

:D The system is open vented into the header tank and I have been bleeding the pump using the screw on the end of the pump and also upstairs radiators. Actually this morning I have found the problem. The ball cock in the header tank was stuck as it probably hasn't moved for some time. Now I can see what has happened. When I replaced the radiator after decorating the header tank emptied to fill the replaced radiator but the header tank did not refill and therefore wasn't able to replace the air in the system. Basic stuff really. I suppose the old adage still applies i.e. check the simple things first. The problem was it was very cold and the 'old boiler' was giving me severe grief (the wife I mean) and I wasn't thinking straight. She was on the internet trying to order a completely new system while I was thinking what might be wrong. She wanted action not thinking!
Anyway, thanks for the prompt response Softus.

Sponsored Links
You're welcome DP - I'm just kicking myself for not suggesting you check the F&E. I just do it so automatically now that it's easy to forget that the simply things can me missed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back