Pump Over run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have seen this mentioned several times as a possible fault with peoples boilers, however I cannot find any reference to it in the WIKI/FAQ

Could someone please explain what it is, what causes it & what the effect of it is please?

BTW, I have tried using the forum search but despite there being a thread with Agile using the exact phrase "pump over run" the search does not find it.

Cheers,
Mattylad.

Sponsored Links
Pump over run is where the boiler spins the pump to disperse excess heat.

It could be based on a timer or a thermostat and requires the pump to be wired directly into the boiler.

It stops low water content boilers from over heating and scaling up.

The search hasn't been finding anything at all for me today.

diynot search said:
Your search - pipe - did not match any documents.

Now I don't believe that for a second!

Cheers Mogget, so it's not jus me searching then.
perhaps I'll try searching here via google instead.

Dan, so your saying that pump over run is a good thing? designed into the boiler to keep hot water going round the system after the boiler has stopped firing?

My Worcester 9.24BF seems to do this.

So I'm puzzled by what Tony means in this thread, as if it's a fault?

Sponsored Links
I think he means checking to see if the pump is over-running like it should, 'cos if it doesn't the boiler might trip out.

But I am not reading the whole thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back