Puny Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I recently had my loft tanks removed as I had a new boiler fitted in the loft and thought I would get rid of my electric showers for a Combi boiler heated shower. The WB 30 is capable of outputting 13 litres of hot water per minute but due to low mains pressure only does about 7. It has recently dawned in me that my showers became pathetic after getting rid of the loft tanks. The water supply for the showers goes up to the loft and returns to the electric shower directly off the mains now. I don't see the point in having a shower heated off the combi now due to the low mains pressure.

Do I need to re-install a loft tank or does any one have any ideas.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
That's the way electric showers are normally supplied (straight from the mains), they are poor at the best of times but worse at this time of year.
Nothing to do with the combi, which should never have been fitted anyway if the mains supply is that bad.

Thanks Sooey. The Combi has reduced the gas consumption massively. Do you think it would of been better if fitted on the ground floor? Any ideas for improving my showers?

Thanks

Steve

Right I've just reread your first post. So you haven't got an electric shower now? You've got a mixer shower fed from the combi?
The best way to improve it is to sort out the water coming into your house, may require an upgrade to the iuncoming main. First off check the stopcock is fully open.
If it is, how much water do you get coming out of your cold tap at the kitchen sink?

Sponsored Links
Sorry sooey. I haven't been very clear. I still have the electric showers as I don't think things would improve much off the combi as the hot water output is only 7 litres/minute. I just thought that the electric showers worked better when gravity fed off the loft tank ( I could be wrong though as they weren't great before I had the tank removed.)

I'm just looking for ideas as to how to improve my showers. I was thinking install a new loft tank or move the boiler downstairs where the water pressure is higher and run the showers off it from downstairs.

What do you think.

Thanks

Steve.

The electric showers will most likely have always been mains fed. They will have worked better in summer than they are now because the water coming in is colder in winter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back