Push Fit Pipe Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got in from work this evening and wife tells me that the electrician who was installing an electric shower in our bathroom managed to drill into the cold feed pipe that is embeded in the concrete block wall. He has made a repair by cutting out the damaged section of 15mm tube and relacing with a flexible pipe with push fit connections on each end. He then intends to plaster over this repair. My question is: is this an acceptable method of repair, should these push fits be embeded in a solid wall, is it acceptable with water by laws.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its not good practice to fit a pushfit in a concealed wall let alone a flexi hose.
Get it changed to copper pipe.
section of copper pipe and a solder coupler 10 min job.

Thanks, it's has I thought. Is there any regulation, bye law, or manufacture's guidance note that I can use to add weight to tomorrows discussion!

Sponsored Links
Speedfit pipe and fittings can be laid in concrete and masonry provided they are installed in conduit pipe with access boxes for the fittings. As stated in Water Regulation Schedule 2.7 and BS8000

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back