Push fit plastic plumbing sizes and attachments etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use the push fits directly onto copper piping or do you need a special adaptor to start you off?

Now the daft question :oops: :D . Is 15mm pipe 15mm o/d and is the old imperial 1/2" o/d or i/d ? Are they compatible or if imperial can I adapt it to metric ?(house about 50 yrs old but I don't know whats under the bath yet).

Our b/room was separate w/c and bath before I got here but knocked into one, can I run the pipes (more the joint as I turn into shower) in the cavity or is this a big no-no, I intend to leave a "blank" tile square behind shower for access but it will have a sealed cover plate over it.

I'm asking 'cos I want to use the plastic pipe to install shower but I'm not sure what to expect under the bath when I rip the panel off.

Wiring in ready but now getting nagged about plumbing. I'm o.k with copper but not used plastic before and I don't want to be a total dork when I go and ask for the stuff :!: :!:

TIA

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use pushfit fittings straight onto copper.

1/2 inch can be treated the same as 15mm.
3/4 inche can be used in 22mm compression fitting if you use a 3/4 inch olive or use a 3/4-22mm end feed adaptor(or yorkshire). you may find lead in which case you need a lead lock which is a special fitting to join lead to copper.

No problem running water pipes in the cavity, just make sure all the joints are tight first, preferably use soldered joints rather than compression.

Good luck.

Thanks mave.
I remembered that one of them was different but which it was escaped me :oops: . Its the 3/4" - 22mm. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back