Push to break switch

fattony said:
hmm the roller switches are not IP rated though Sparky, the contact has a 230v operating voltage.

I'm pretty sure they are IP65, if you do an RS search on Roller-Switches there are loads which have IP ratings.

Sponsored Links
VA stands for Volt-Amperes

The VA rating of a 60W lamp is a 60VA

The only difference between W and VA is the power factor (starts getting complicated)

It is unlikely that the reed will be able to switch much power as they tend to be designed for use in control circuits rather than for direct load switching.

I cant be the only **** that want to have a push switch outside without using the massive and expensive mk masterseal.

It is not complicated to use the reed switch with a relay. I might even do you a circuit diagram.

Sponsored Links
CPC do an adjustable roller limit switch part no MC00242 £17-50+VAT+P&P IP66 rated, 10A contact @ 500v. (CPC website is currently down)

Bloody good question!

They supplied the light which was a PIR light, but the bloke then said he wanted to turn the lights on and off, so i said i could fit override switch - not good enough. So i suggested a day night sensor, he didn't like that either. So i wired the lights (until i can get the switch sorted) so when they press the button on the gate remote the lights come on, until the gate is fully open. Pretty smart I thought but not good enough for him.

He wants the light on when the gate is open and the light off when the gate is shut, hence the reed switch or door switch. I could use a relay with the reed switch but the coil would need to be rated at 230v, fairly expensive I thought.

relaycct.jpg

A relay and base with a 230V coil will cost around £10 - £15 from most wholesalers.

Oh BTW if the reed switch turns out to be NC when it is next to the magnet all you need to do is wire the live from the lamp to th NO terminal of the relay, rather than the NC terminal

Ok cheers RF.

Sparky123 what was the website with the switch @ £17.99, I know sites down but it wont be forever. Just want to see which is cheaper.

Cheers guys big help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back