Put rad back on now heating and water dead.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Put rad back on today after decorating....

Vented all air from rads, all rads full of water.
Went up to the attack bled the mini screws.
bled the water pump, its pumping & hot.

In the attack the 32mm main pipe is hot but I guess what you call the flow is cold.

Any ideas don't want to freeze my butt of tonight either.

Sponsored Links
info on system may help a little ;)

:oops:
It was working before.
S Plan. (when water on does the rads in the bath.) When heating on does the other rads.
Conventional bolier system with Cylinder.
Potterton Kingfisher 2
Groundfos pump.

I seem to get this everytime I empty the system, but have no clue how to get it back and by fluke sometimes it just happens to work.

When you bled rads etc. did the f&e tank refill, or did it not empty?
Remove the large screw on the end of the pump adn see if it's spinning, use a small flat headed screwdriver andturn the motor manually if not, chances are it will kick into life. put a towel under the pump as there may be some water escape.

Sponsored Links
When you bled rads etc. did the f&e tank refill, or did it not empty?
Remove the large screw on the end of the pump adn see if it's spinning, use a small flat headed screwdriver andturn the motor manually if not, chances are it will kick into life. put a towel under the pump as there may be some water escape.

I turned the cock stop off and that stop's the little tank filling up. We have quite a few rads 12 in total.

When I bled the rads I do it from the one near the bolier. But if I were to take the hose pipe and attach directly to the other rads on the ground floor then its like they haven't been bled.

Pump working & spinning not prob not much water escaping.

Its got to be some air in the system somewhere and I have no clue what to do.

Hi there,

You could try back filling it.

Attach hosepipe to drain off and fill from mains. Keep going until you here water going into the f&e from the vent.

Rico

I turned the cock stop off and that stop's the little tank filling up. We have quite a few rads 12 in total.
ok
When I bled the rads I do it from the one near the bolier. But if I were to take the hose pipe and attach directly to the other rads on the ground floor then its like they haven't been bled..
..not sure what you mean by this.
You don't need a hose to bleed the rads. Just turn the system off, set motorised valve(s) to open then bleed, one at a time, until water comes out. Do the downstairs ones first.
Pump working & spinning not prob not much water escaping..
good.
Its got to be some air in the system somewhere and I have no clue what to do.
When all is bled, turn on hot water only, with boiler stat turned low and see what happens.

You could try back filling it.

Attach hosepipe to drain off and fill from mains. Keep going until you here water going into the f&e from the vent.

I may actually try this. So use the hose pipe from the tap, attach the other end to the rad bleed valve and turn on. Can see this getting water everywhere :(-

Do I need to empty out the system again?

Ok turned both on at the sametime, remember the rads in the bathroom are connected to the hotwater also.

Good,

Stick your hose on the drain off and attached the other end to the mains.

Open the drain off first and then open the mains up.

Keep it going until your hear it overflowing into the f&e tank

Rico

Do I need to drain it first or just stick the hose in there and turn it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back