Putting a Microwave in a Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, were doing up our kitchen and choosing new appliances. We're trying to integrate as many appliances as possible - like the look of everything hidden away. My question is, we have a pretty good microwave at the mo, would seem a shame to get rid of it and wasteful to pay for a new micro for the sake of getting an integrated one. So wondering if it would be possible to put the existing micro into a cupboard - are there any safety considerations, like minimum spacing round it for ventilation, issues re fire/overheating, stuff like that; is it even a sensible idea??

Sponsored Links
i would pnone up the maufacturer and ask
would suggest in lue off any other information you will need 50mm clearence all round including the back thats iff its a pure micro

if its a combo microwave i would not install in a cupboard under any circumstances unless the manufacturer permits this

check any paperwork you have with the micro and read any stickers at the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back