PVC door and frame measureing and hanging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I measure for a new PVC door. There is a wood door fitted and this measures 33 x 78. I notice most PVC doors available are taller than this? I am fitting it to brick work (once i have removed the timber frame.

Thanks Masona,
Much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Measure at the externel brickwork minus 10mm providing the opening is square,if not allow for it.You can have a upvc door made any size you want unless you're thinking of a second hand or rejects etc.

Masona,

Do those measurements go the same for UPVC windows aswell?

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

Sponsored Links
Yes,you can go wider than 10mm (10mm would give you 5mm each side) if you want but then you will end up with a wider joint with the sealant which can make it unsightly.To get the best equal gap all round is to use window packer.
2766_l.jpg

Fix the screws into the frame temporary first on each side then slide the window packer in the centre of the screw,then tighten the screws....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back