PVC vertical slider bay windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Has anyone fitted PVC sliders as bay windows before?
I have done hundreds of bays (casement windows) and several slider bays with supporting brick or stonework between each window but I potentially have a job coming up with no walls between them and there are 3 bays.

So full bay sash windows with supporting posts and bayjacks but speaking to my supplier they make it all in one piece! Even with the glass out thats going to be pretty heavy and awkward to handle.
Whats worse is one of them is upstairs (bay over bay).

Has anyone fitted any of these before and do you have any tips?

Sponsored Links
I have done one of these a long while ago. We use synseal vs and I am sure they came as 3 separate parts and the cill was mitred to your angle and you then had a cill joiner.

I was thinking of asking them for some cill joiners so I could cut the cills and put them back together in situe.
The down stairs ones probably wont be too bad apart from some faffing around with cutting the cill horns nicely. Its the upstairs one I'm bricking it about lol.

We've done a bay in vertical sliders ...used VS express , I'm sure we managed to get individual windows.....exactly the same as standard casement

Sponsored Links
I have done these and they're not easy I get mine from warwick developments (spectus I think) cill comes cut to size as a separate item and sliders come with stub cills but all holes are pre drilled so you get the welded cill cut to shape and in position then shuffle it around to get sliders screwed on from underneath after taking off sacrificial stub cills as you can imagine the whole lot hangs out of the aperture a lot whilst you get the side sections screwed on from underneath so need your towers/ scaffold in position and a couple of strong men ! the whole lot can be shimmied back into correct position then poles fitted ive done 3 and 5 section and the 5's look stunning when one on top of another

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back