Q about shower heads with water stop functions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

first post so be gentle with me ;)

it's been suggested that we get a shower head with a 'water stop' button to save some water. i've got a couple of questions about these if anyone could answer them i'd really appreciate it:

1 - from a quick look at a couple of models they say that they aren't suitable for 'non-pressurized hot-water appliances' - i want to use one with an existing electric shower, but not sure what a non-pressurised appliance is !? would an electric shower be ok?

2 - would the water temperature alter after you have paused the flow of water with the water stop button ? i guess it would stay at the same temp as you aren't turning the water off as such, but don't want any nasty surprises of freezing or boiling water !

Cheers in advance

Stu

Sponsored Links
Hi Stu,

I assume that by saying water stop handset you mean Douche handset.

does not really matter any way, I would seriously not recomend doing this with an electric shower.

Most electric showers run on after turning off as a saftey percaution to empty out the heater as they tend too carry on heating after they are turned off, you might seriously scald yourself, also shower handsets are always well matched to the flow rate that the shower will perform best at if your shower handset lets too much water by then the shower will not work properly.

thanks for that Technotim.

so in that case why doesn't the stuff on the box say don't use with an electric shower rather than something about unpressurized appliances :confused: :rolleyes:

will go to local plumbing place and have a chat there then to make sure get the right thing !

thanks again

Stu

Sponsored Links
The Shower head you have is designed for high pressure systems normally over 1.0bar pressure, which an electric shower has but I still would not recommend one on an electric shower.

unpressurised is basically a low pressure gravity fed system, where you will have a cold water storage tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder, in that case there would not be enough pressure to use the handset.

A good supplier would help not many with out salesmen though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back