Qatar world cup

Since the BLM movement began 'taking the knee' as a gesture of defiance against racism it can hardly be construed in any other context when England do likewise, can it?
It was coincidental, but taking the knee is not in support of the BLM organisation, just the principles involved, i.e. inequality and racism.
I can support a liberal society without supporting a right-wing organisation.
I can support religion without being a member of any organisation, etc.
I can support democracy without being a member of political party, or even participating in the election.
I can donate to one charity in support of say Climate Change, i don't have to support all similar charities goals or policies.

Sponsored Links
As a Geordie Boy you must feel conflicted about your team though? Third in the table, a future England manager taking the Lads onwards and upwards: all financed by the House of Saud.
England can not have him...

I'm easy with the cost of diesel providing we're in the champions league next year. Nowt wrong with the Saudis

England can not have him...

I'm easy with the cost of diesel providing we're in the champions league next year. Nowt wrong with the Saudis
And that's the way it is, right?
Football fans don't particularly care where the money comes from so long as the team's doing well and giving them a chance to be competitive.
The only trophy your lot have won in the past sixty years is the old Fairs Cup in 1969 and i've never seen them lift a domestic trophy in my lifetime. I daresay you won't give a fig if they win the League Cup this season?

And that's the way it is, right?
Football fans don't particularly care where the money comes from so long as the team's doing well and giving them a chance to be competitive.
The only trophy your lot have won in the past sixty years is the old Fairs Cup in 1969 and i've never seen them lift a domestic trophy in my lifetime. I daresay you won't give a fig if they win the League Cup this season?
The media just wind people up, imposing half baked morals where they choose. Take Qatar and the outrage surrounding the world cup - IT SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED! Lets hope none of these people drive a VW, shop at Sainbury's or bank with Barclays.

But back to the Toon - I indeed seen the first leg of that fairs cup victory, sneaked into st james under my dads overcoat - yep we aint won much, but the Keegan years were something to behold - mostly done with unknown players on a tight budget. This time it is different with the saudis, but would still love to see them do well, the football is a big thing on Tyneside. And my bigger hope is that the Saudis may invest into the future of this once great city.

Sponsored Links
When does a ref's authority start/finish during a football match? FIFA is preventing Kane wearing his rainbow armband dring the game, otherwise the ref would show him the yellow card. Could Kane wear the armband during pre-kick off warm up and during the post match pitchside TV interview to world wide viewers?

I see that
When does a ref's authority start/finish during a football match? FIFA is preventing Kane wearing his rainbow armband dring the game, otherwise the ref would show him the yellow card. Could Kane wear the armband during pre-kick off warm up and during the post match pitchside TV interview to world wide viewers?
It just shows fifa yet again to be the corrupt organisation it is!

"No country which falls short on LGBT+ rights, women's rights, workers' rights, or any other universal human right, should be given the honour of hosting a World Cup."

So what does that say about awarding 2026 to america?

I see that

It just shows fifa yet again to be the corrupt organisation it is!

"No country which falls short on LGBT+ rights, women's rights, workers' rights, or any other universal human right, should be given the honour of hosting a World Cup."

So what does that say about awarding 2026 to america?
Perhaps Qatar should just pay lip service to womens rights, like Iceland does?

Perhaps Qatar should just pay lip service to womens rights, like Iceland does?
Not sure the relevance of that apart from you being an erroneous stalker...

Although I guess you also being a self confessed misogynist feeds your obsession...

How much time do you spend looking for such insignificant stuff in order to satisfy your very evident inadequacies?

Although I guess you also being a …..misogynist...
Are you saying that I’m showing Icelandic male tendencies?

D5C50EE6-AA60-40F8-831C-24A53A9D59B1.gif

After all that it was bloody good to get a game of football going on...and watching England put a performance together from the get-go.
Unbelievable Jeff!!
Chances taken, passes made easy and players looking like they knew what they were doing. Rashford looked so sharp when he came on and it looks like he's back to his best: after the Euros last year he had an op and broke up with his girlfriend which impacted his form badly, but now he's fit and back with his childhood sweetheart all is well in his world. Our forward line will give any team a tough time.
The commentator for Iran tv complained "i wish we were not playing England", implying it would've been better to play them later in the group stage. Delusion at its finest. Wales should see them off and showed us how to deal with the Yanks in the 2nd half last night.
Deal with Pulisic and maybe man-mark him to make sure Weah gets nothing up front and all will be well.
What could possibly go wrong?:cautious:

Well, as it stands, England would play the Netherlands in Round Two, which would be fun. I'd like to see us beat van Gaal - and his bloody eyebrows - but with two matches still to play all kinds of possibility remains to be seen.

Might have the first shock of the tournament - Argentina 1 Saudi Arabia 2 (66mins played)
Can i hope the Saud's win it or will Bod shout at me for supporting a regime who just cut the heads off a dozen people.:cautious:

Might have the first shock of the tournament - Argentina 1 Saudi Arabia 2 (66mins played)
Can i hope the Saud's win it or will Bod shout at me for supporting a regime who just cut the heads off a dozen people.:cautious:

There is a patten......... I wonder if Saudi get the WC one day.
Like the last WC Russia invaded another country a few years later

Argentina also invaded the Falklands less than 4 years later.

There is a patten......... I wonder if Saudi get the WC one day.
Like the last WC Russia invaded another country a few years later

Argentina also invaded the Falklands less than 4 years later.
Coincidence?:sneaky:
Yeah, probably.

The winner might be the Goal of the Tournament, though.
He took that ball out of the clouds, spun inside two defenders, dropped the shoulder to leave another for dead, then blooted it in the far corner.
What a beauty!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back