Qatar world cup

but i'm no scottish, and up until recently I would have been watching every game waving my little St Georges flag. But this over politicising the game has well and truly pished me off, hope they get knocked out in the group stage.
Sorry, but i thought Munroast was a play on the name Munrose.
Just heard Harry Kane isn't going to wear the armband of many colours after all in case he picks up a needless booking before the game even starts.

Sponsored Links
Just heard Harry Kane isn't going to wear the armband of many colours after all in case he picks up a needless booking before the game even starts.

He's been Nobbled

Sponsored Links
Surely Qatar should ban "taking the knee" being as their whole economy is built on the slave trade? Or aren't the Indians black enough?

Surely Qatar should ban "taking the knee" being as their whole economy is built on the slave trade? Or aren't the Indians black enough?
Not sure the English should talk about building an economy on the back of a slave trade, eh?

They're challenging from within ... oops wait, no they're not ;)

Not sure the English should talk about building an economy on the back of a slave trade, eh?
Do you know of any people/race/culture that has not used/abused enslaved people?

But I see the point of my post was not understood, so I will bend my knee in repentance for the next millennia

Come to his bloody senses, you mean.

"Fifa has been very clear that it will impose sporting sanctions if our captains wear the armbands on the field of play," the statement added.

"We were prepared to pay fines that would normally apply to breaches of kit regulations and had a strong commitment to wearing the armband.

"However, we cannot put our players in the situation where they might be booked or even forced to leave the field of play."

They need a plan B....... how about they full back on their knee?

Oh hang on that's just for Black people. The 6500 workers that have died are slightly the wrong shade of black. And it doesn't really apply to the women or the gay side of town.

Gutless hypocrites

I have lived north of the border for 40 years now and my heart is now scottish, wouldn't live anywhere else, but my soul is Geordieland, black n white to the bone, and I'm usually more than proud to support Engerland but not this tournament.

Plenty folk north of the border wish england well - anti english are few and far between - plenty joshing though, you need a thick skin!

Do you know of any people/race/culture that has not used/abused enslaved people?
Perhaps not on such a massive industrial scale as UK and other western nations from the 16 century to the 19 century.

"

They need a plan B....... how about they full back on their knee?
Oh hang on that's just for Black people. The 6500 workers that have died are slightly the wrong shade of black. And it doesn't really apply to the women or the gay side of town.
No it is not. The taking the knee is for all inequality, especially racism.
Because it started by a black player does not mean it is linked to BLM.

I'm surprised by your ignorance and false assumptions given your support for inequality.
There's lots of media reports that disagree with your assumption, I'm surprised you're still faking it.
TAKING the knee has become a key symbol of the global movement against racism.

But Gareth Southgate said the England team's actions were not in support of the Black Lives Matter organisation.

I have lived north of the border for 40 years now and my heart is now scottish, wouldn't live anywhere else, but my soul is Geordieland, black n white to the bone, and I'm usually more than proud to support Engerland but not this tournament.

Plenty folk north of the border wish england well - anti english are few and far between - plenty joshing though, you need a thick skin!
Aye, that you do.;) I always get a kick out of Scottish wails and lamentations when their team's back to watch the rest of the tournament on telly after the group stages.

As a Geordie Boy you must feel conflicted about your team though? Third in the table, a future England manager taking the Lads onwards and upwards: all financed by the House of Saud.

No it is not. The taking the knee is for all inequality, especially racism.
Because it started by a black player does not mean it is linked to BLM.

I'm surprised by your ignorance and false assumptions given your support for inequality.
There's lots of media reports that disagree with your assumption, I'm surprised you're still faking it.

Since the BLM movement began 'taking the knee' as a gesture of defiance against racism it can hardly be construed in any other context when England do likewise, can it?

Sponsored Links
Back