Quadrant Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, wondering if you can help,

I'm looking on ebay at this shower: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390069505482

I know its a cheap one, but I'm only renting so don't want to spend alot, They have emailed me the instructions which are so vague ill probably have to guess how to put it together,

But anyway, I've Googled and see that usually you would put the tray in, then tile around it, but I've been told and read that with the European quadrant showers that you tile the wall and floor first, then put the tray in?

What do you think i should do? As looking at the picture of this shower, it doesn't look like there is enough room on the edge of the tray for the enclosure to be the width of a tile/adhesive out?

Thanks,
J

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Difficult to see anything in the tiny picture, but the description has it as one of the cheap plastic trays with a metal frame underneath.

With those, it matters not how they are installed, because they will leak all over the place no matter what.
You can also expect a big hole to appear in it the first time you drop the shower head, shampoo bottle or anything else.

Finally - if you are renting this place, why are you spending any money on it? Has your landlord agreed to this shower being fitted?

Its not been renovated for a very long time, and I'm going to be in it for a very long time also hopefully, yeah my landlord knows, I'm allowed to do it up anyway i want, and as Ill be here a long time i just want to make it a home.

Can you or anyone recommend a cheap quadrant shower that isnt to far away from £150?

Thanks again,
J

Have you stood in those quadrant showers? They don't have half the room you think they will have. I prefer the square ones personally. You can bed cheap trays on a bed of mortar to stiffen them up.

Sponsored Links
Yeah i tried one in b&q, i would prefer a bigger one, but at the minute you cant open the door fully because the toilets on the left and the sink is on the right and its a small bathroom, whereas the doors open in the middle on the quadrants.

Iv emailed the seller and they have said not to tile around it and to put it again the tiles, Iv looked through some others on ebay, its about £40 more, but it says the tray is resin reinforced with fiberglass and it doesn't say anything about a metal support frame.

I wouldn't be able to bed it down, I'm wanting one of those "easy Plumb" trays, and they come with a flexible waste pipe so it shouldn't be to hard to fit with it being so high of the floor lol.

Thanks for your help guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back